Actively participate in one-day orientation and all eight two-day sessions.
Complete homework assignments.
Complete one major project and one minor project during the training program.
Participate in effectiveness evaluations.
Maintain records of advocacy efforts.
Participate in post-training follow-up surveys.
Partners in Policymaking
- Fidelity: Stay faithful; keep promises; do not promise
what cannot be delivered; maintain values; keep high standards; keep private
matters private; maintain integrity; hold self and other advocates accountable
for ethical obligations.
- Benevolence: Improve the condition of others; act kindly;
be charitable; be patient; respect differences; treat other advocates with
respect and work as a team.
- Non-maleficence: Do not injure others; “first do no
harm”; understand and prevent unintended negative consequences of advocacy
- Reparation: Compensate others when you harm them; make
amends for actual and perceived wrongs.
- Gratitude: Notice and thank those who help you; do not
accept personal credit.
- Justice: Facilitate due process and fairness;
recognize merit and rights.
- Lawfulness: Do not violate the law; do not misuse or
misstate the law; no unauthorized practice of law.
- Self-improvement: Improve your abilities, standards,
virtue and intelligence; practice self-care.
- Honesty: Do not deceive others about facts or issues;
be truthful; do not deceive others about your training, background or credentials.
Adapted from W. D. Ross; amended and adopted by Partners in Policymaking
Graduate Institute on June 12, 2004.
2401 NW 23rd Street, Suite 74
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
PHONE: 405-521-4984 or
EMAIL: Council Office
www.okddc.ok.gov copyright © 2007
All Rights Reserved.